Internal Audit Services
Once you have a management system established, it is essential to undertake regular internal auditing so that you benefit from ongoing improvements in efficiency, effectiveness and control.
Management system audits should be:
- Planned and scheduled at regular intervals
- Completed by an impartial auditor
Failure to complete internal audits will create problems:
- Internally - not checking verification of your procedures
- Externally - unwanted non-conformances
What Are the Benefits of Having an Independent Internal Auditor ?
- • Naturally impartial to the audit process, so will have an unbiased view
- • Experienced, to a much greater degree than internal staff, so can give wide ranging advice
- • Knowledge - especially important in Health and Safety and environmental management systems
- • Organization, so audits are planned and scheduled, so will be completed regularly and on time
- • A "fresh look” - much more likely to spot any errors than an internal auditor
- • Minimal distraction because employees have little involvement is managing or running the process