Management - CMMS Implementation
CMMS Implementation & Maintenance Plan
The last ten years in industry has seen the proliferation of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, CMMS. There are now in excess of 500 CMMS packages available worldwide, not to mention huge combined systems combining all facets of business from Maintenance plans to Production Scheduling. This makes choosing and implementing a site or business appropriate system a major task. THARA practioners have worked with a number of major and minor CMMS packages and are expert at support clients through the collection and implementation process.
Broadly the THARA selection and implementation process follows the following steps
- Determine the business objectives and drivers for implementation of a system
- Determine the existing business internal processes
- Review a selection of CMMS packages
- Select a system that most closely meets the business requirements without customization
- Compare system processes with existing business processes
- Align the processes across the business
- Populate the CMMS with equipment and inventory data
- Populate the CMMS with Maintenance Plan data
- Commission the CMMS
It is most important during this process to capture and align commonality between inter business function is Finance and Maintenance so that confusion is avoided once the system is in operation.